Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Surprising Update

Okay internet, some surprising news.

After totally giving up on Cam and ending the backstage flirting, I am now dating him.

Yep. Here's what went down.

After expressing my concern that the constant backstage flirting may lead to me being locked up in a crazy-house for stalkers and cutters, Cam and I held to our promise not to flirt with each other. For about twelve minutes.

In fact, it got worse.

He finally told me that he was in a very awkward position. He had only been dating his boyfriend for a couple of weeks when we met and regretted that he rushed into things with him. We came to terms with the fact that though we both have feelings for each other, that it would be mature and honorable to keep these feelings at bay until the circumstances allow us to express them further.

We implemented a strict "no touching" rule. Even when I missed a train home and had to sleep at his place. No touching!

Eventually, I told him that he is going to have to break someone's heart if he wants to be happy and that I am prepared to back off if he decides its me. I'm super impressed with my selflessness at this point (I needed to earn some extra karma points, badly).

He broke up with his boyfriend. (**insert girl squealing noise**)

We're not committing to anything super official at this point. We're both conscious of the 'showmance' curse and don't want to end up hurt in the end. I hope I`m doing the right thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment